We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

Planning Enforcement

What is planning enforcement?

Planning enforcement is the process by which Shropshire Council ensures that development without planning permission is investigated, and new development with planning permission takes place in accordance with the approved plans and conditions.  Shropshire Council's Planning Enforcement service investigates complaints and controls, monitors development on the ground to ensure that it accords with approved plans, and that any agreed changes continue to respect and protect the environment

Shropshire Council's Enforcement Protocol can be viewed here

Astley Parish Council cannot report suspected unauthorised planning development.  However, if an individual wishes to report what they believe to be unauthorised planning development, then they can do so in a number of ways:

  • Online - The simplest way is by completing the form on Shropshire Council's website, found here
  • Telephone - Contact Shropshire Council on 0345 678 9004
  • Post - Write to Development Management, Shirehall, Abbey Foregate, Shrewsbury SY2 6ND
  • Email - Email 

However you choose to report an alleged planning breach, you will be asked to provide the following:

  • Your name, address and contact details
  • The address/location where the breach is taking place
  • What you consider the breach of planning control to be
  • How it affects you and the harm arising from the alleged breach
  • What solutions you consider would resolve the matter. 

It is unlikely that anonymous reports will be considered.